School Experience Days
Visit us before applying to our teacher training course: School Experience Days with St Patrick’s RC High School and our Centre of Excellence.
St Patrick’s Roman Catholic High School is committed to supporting our next generation of teachers into this wonderful profession. Each year we welcome people of all faiths and none as they start their journey into teaching. For many of our future teachers this exciting journey begins with a visit to our school, organised by the St Patrick’s Centre of Educational Excellence.
Why not visit us before you apply to our course and meet our staff, pupils and current trainee teachers as you begin your own career in education?
Young people need the very best people to be their teacher. Someone who will help them grow and develop a passion for learning and support them to become the very best version of themselves.
If you have committed to serving our young people and wish to develop yourself as an evidence enriched teacher why not visit St Patrick’s and see our school at work.
If you are considering applying to join our family on our School Direct Teacher training course we look forward to welcome you on your day with us.
During your day you will have a unique opportunity to:
- Spend time with teachers and pupils in the subject that you are considering teaching
- Tour our school and then spend time in lessons. You will get the chance to observe and discuss teaching and learning in classroom and begin to reflect on what you might be teaching next year
- Meet our wonderful pupils in lessons, breaktimes and during extra-curricular activities.
- Get to know the team that will be supporting you through your training year and meet some of our current trainee teachers who are on their journey
- Find out more about how to apply, the application process and get 1-1 help with your teacher application.
To register your interest in visiting St Patrick's RC High School for a School Experience Day, please complete the School Experience Request Form.
The whole life of a teacher and school community is catered for during your initial day with us in order to allow you to gain a small taste and understanding of school life. You will get to see how our pupils and teachers work together to create an environment where:
“Pupils behave in a calm and orderly manner, both in lessons and during social times. Classroom environments are positive places where pupils can thrive. Pupils work well with each other, debating and discussing their learning confidently” Ofsted 2022